What is CMMS?
Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) also known as Computerized Maintenance Management Information System (CMMIS) is a software package that maintains a database of maintenance information regarding an organization’s machines and equipment. Information stored in CMMS software assists maintenance workers to do their jobs more efficiently and effectively, for example, it monitors the condition of machines and let maintenance stuff know when it needs maintenance. It also helps the workers find the spare parts, the cost of repairing a broken machine vs buying a new one. Managing maintenance work gets easier when you have a solution like this at your disposal.
How Simple CMMS is different from the other CMMS available in the market? It plays a vital role in meeting regulatory compliance. By monitoring constant machine health, it ensures the smooth and effective functioning of an organization. It also keeps a log of incidents and analyzes the occurrences within the organization in order to keep track of the progress made by them. Doing these things manually can be taxing and requires a lot of time and paperwork, but with the help of Simple CMMS, all these things can be recorded and updated much more effectively and reduce the cost of doing it.
You might also like to read: TIPS TO REMEMBER WHEN CHOOSING DRAWER SLIDES
Who Should Use Simple CMMS?
As a result of all these benefits, many organizations are adopting Simple CMMS to maintain better control and efficient and effective operation. But still, there are some organizations that believe CMMS is only for manufacturing companies. Whereas it also expands to utilities, facilities, sports arena, hospitals, etc.
Here is a list of some functions of Simple CMMS:
- Equipment data management
- Preventive data management
- Work order system
- Labor Tracking
- Task scheduling
- Asset tracking
- Inventory control
Any organization that performs maintenance of equipment, property, or assets needs CMMS software. It can be industry-specific or non-industry specific, but whichever the case is it should monitor and report maintenance activities.
Different industries that use CMMS include:
- Food and manufacturing
- Utility companies
- National and State parks
You might also like to read: THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING AN INVESTMENT PROPERTY
What are the Benefits of Simple CMMS?
Features and benefits of Simple CMMS may vary according to the needs of an organization, but there will always be some universal benefits like:
- Increase Productivity: Replace complex paperwork that wastes time. Create requests, assign work orders, and resolve issues in seconds from a mobile device.
- Reduce Machine Downtime: CMMS ensures reliable maintenance schedules with robust reporting, analytics, reminders, and task management features.
- Maximize ROI: CMMS minimizes asset waste and depreciation to ensure maximized productivity and ROI
SaaS-based Simple CMMS vs On-Premise CMMS System
When compared to the on-premise CMMS that is hosted through a locally maintained server, SaaS-based Simple CMMS system is way more affordable, secured, and reliable. Here’s why:
- You only need the devices that connect to the CMMS via the internet. This eliminates the need for servers and back-up equipment.
- Since there is no need for infrastructure, it is much more affordable.
- Your data is accessible regardless of what happens to your computer.
- Your data is always secure because Simple CMMS service secures your data by putting it on a well-protected server.
- You can rapidly expand your software capability too without having to invest in any additional hardware.
- All data and work orders can be accessed and updated from the cloud via mobile phones.
As you can see from the above writing, there is an impressive list that goes to show how Simple CMMS can bring numerous benefits to your business. However, it is important to keep in mind that not every CMMS available in the market can bring all the benefits mentioned above. That is why you should never compromise!