A recent study by UKG, in partnership with Technology Evaluation Experts (TechEval), has revealed a concerning transparency gap in how companies are deploying artificial intelligence (AI) within their HR functions. The study, which surveyed over 500 HR professionals across the US, found that:
- 74% of HR leaders believe AI is crucial for success, but only 56% feel their employees fully understand how AI is used in HR processes.
- **Nearly half (48%) of employees admit to being uncomfortable with AI being used for performance management or talent acquisition.
- 37% of HR leaders have concerns about potential bias in AI algorithms used within their HR systems.
These findings highlight a critical need for greater transparency and communication around AI implementation in HR. Employees deserve to understand how AI impacts their work experience, and HR leaders need to ensure they are using AI ethically and responsibly.
So, how can HR bridge this gap and build trust with employees when it comes to AI?
- Transparency: Be clear and upfront about how AI is being used in HR processes. Explain the purpose of AI-powered tools, the data they collect, and how decisions are made.
- Education: Invest in employee training programs to educate your workforce about AI in HR. Explain the benefits of AI, address potential concerns, and emphasize its role in creating a more fair and efficient work environment.
- Human-in-the-Loop: Ensure that AI tools are used alongside human judgment and oversight. This helps mitigate bias, build trust, and ensure AI complements, not replaces, human expertise.
While UKG offers robust AI capabilities within its HR solutions, the onus remains on HR leaders to implement them thoughtfully and responsibly. At CloudApper AI, a premier customization platform for UKG users, we understand the importance of transparency and trust in AI-powered HR. Our platform empowers HR leaders to:
- Gain deeper insights into their UKG data, allowing them to identify potential biases and make informed decisions based on objective data.
- Develop custom workflows and automations that are tailored to their specific needs and processes, ensuring transparency and control over how AI is used.
- Create personalized employee experiences that leverage the power of AI to support individual growth and development.
Remember, AI can be a powerful tool for HR, but its success hinges on trust and transparency. By following these strategies and leveraging the right tools like CloudApper AI, HR leaders can harness the potential of AI to create a more human-centered, equitable, and successful work environment for everyone.
Visit CloudApper AI today to learn how we can help you unlock the full potential of UKG and build trust with your employees in the age of AI-powered HR.