What do you think are the key elements behind effective employee engagement? We have selected the top five elements of employee engagement in this article and explained a few top employee engagement best practices for them:
Inform Your Employees
Provide employees with the information they need to understand the organization’s mission, vision and brand values, along with how customers feel about the organization.
- Follow a through a communication plan
- Communicate across multiple channels
- Make content employee-centric
- Create opportunities for employees to hear from customers.
Inspire Your Employees
Connect employees to the organization’s vision and values so that they believe those matter and take pride in their job and the organization.
- Define communicate, and live by a set of values.
- Increase accessibility to senior executives.
- Tell compelling stories.
- Give employees a reason to be proud of the company.
Instruct Your Employees
Support employees with the training, coaching, and feedback they need to successfully deliver the organization’s brand promises to customers.
- Launch company-wide customer experience (CX) training programs.
- Embed CX training in new employee onboarding
- Develop training for managers and supervisors
- Use managers and front-line employees to deliver training programs.
- Reinforce training with coaching and feedback.
- Tap into e-learning for distributed employees.
Involve Your Employees
Take action with employees when designing their jobs, improving work processes, and solving problems identified through customer or employee feedback.
- Develop a voice of the employee (VoE) program.
- Establish a CX Ambassador program.
- Develop employee-driven improvement processes.
- Facilitate cross-role, cross-functional employee connections.
- Invite employees to thank customers.
- Find simple, informal opportunities to involve employees.
Incent Your Employees
Deploy appropriate systems to measure, reward, and reinforce desired employee behaviors and motivate employees to give their best.
- Enable peer-to-peer recognition.
- Provide on-the-spot rewards.
- Formalize CX incentive programs.
- Celebrate high performing teams.
- Turn employee engagement into a manageement metric.